FILTER MEDIA - ANTHRACITE
(21.45KG OR 32.5L/BAG FILTER COAL)
Anthracite Filter Media are filtration materials for turbidity and SS removal. Since the specific gravity is lighter than that of Filter Sand, it is much used in combination with Filter Sand in dual-media filtration, to consist reverse grain layers after backwashing. In addition, because of high content carbon of this product, it has high resistance to various chemicals and high physical strength so that it is widely used for city and industrial water purification.
C & S Brand Filter Coal has a history of performance over the last 10 years which substantiates its uniqueness as a filter media for water treatment. Prior to the development of C & S Filter Coal, anthracite coal was traditionally specified for filter media, primarily because of the reputation that some of the deposits of this class of coal had for hardness.
Advantages of C & S Brand Filter Coal (Anthracite) (1) Competitive Pricing Although C & S Filter Coal is a unique product, it is very competitively priced in relation to other anthracite coal type media. Prices are negotiable depending on quality and specifications.
(2) Superior Particle Size Grading: Very Low Uniformity Coefficient and Minimal Fines ContentThe very low uniformity coefficients of C & S Filter Coal, coupled with an angular particle shape and very low fines content result in maximum void space per cubic meter of media. Our standard U.C. is 1.3, the lowest standard U.C. in the industry. We can supply an even lower U.C. if required, down to 1.2, at a slightly higher price than our standard grade. We also supply U.C.’s up to 1.4 at a slightly lower cost, but do not recommend values above 1.4. The low fines content also increases void space, minimizes nuisance due to dust, and means that only a minimal amount needs to be over-ordered to allow for removal of fines by scraping during commissioning (typically 2% instead of up to 10% often used with other brands).
(3) Optimum Specific GravityThe coal has a specific gravity of 1.45. Compared with American anthracite coals which have a higher SG, C & S Filter Coal requires a lower backwash rate for the same Effective Size. This permits a saving in backwash pump capacity and reduces the quantity of backwash water required.
(4) High Durability & Stability, with Established Track RecordOf equal importance to the superior grading of C&S Filter Coal is its demonstrated ability to maintain its original properties over many years of service. This was initially demonstrated in laboratory trials by large independent Australian Water authorities. High durability was established by many days of continuous backwashing in pilot columns to stimulate years of use, and by the use of standard hardness tests, e.g. Watson-Hawksley Friability. (Method available on request) More importantly, the monitoring of performance in full scale plants has confirmed that there has been virtually no change in Effective Size and Uniformity Coefficient and almost unmeasurable change in the volume of media within a filter, over an eight year monitoring period. (See letter from Hunter Water Corporation) The media is chemically stable, and monitoring has confirmed that no substances has been detected in drinking water filtered through C&S Filter Coal that could be attributed to leaching from the media, and there is no detectable level of phenol.
(5) Wide Industry AcceptanceC&S Filter Coal is widely used by most Australian water authorities and is by far the market leader in coal/ anthracite type filter media in Australia, with growing export markets. Established customers continue to purchase C&S Filter Coal for each new project.High Product
(6) Consistency & Quality ControlOur product consistency begins with the raw material used, which is always taken from the same coal deposit. This deposit has been quite carefully selected for its ability to meet all of the criteria necessary in a top quality filter media. Each step in the production process is closely monitored by qualified staff applying a strict and effective quality control system, which is certified to the international quality standard ISO9002 (Australian Standard AS9002). Production testing for Effective Size and Uniformity Coefficient is carried out on every tenth cubic meter of media produced.
(A) Physical Properties of AnthraciteUniformly Coefficient: 1.30 StandardAcid Solubility: 1% max to AWWA B100-89Alkaline Solubility: 1.5% max in 1% NaOH @ 88˚CHardness:1. Hardgrove Grindability Index2. Friability: 20% max for 15 minutes 25% max for 20 minutesAs per Watson Hawksley (Asia) Test MethodDurability: Attrition loss of less than 0.35% per year recorded in fullscale water treatment plantSpecific Gravity: 1.45 to AS1289 C5.1Bulk Density: 660 to 720 kg/m3
(B) Suggested Guide for Backwash Rates Dual Media
C & S Brand Australian Filter Coal at Temperature 20˚C
(C) Typical Analysis of C & S Brand Australian Coal
(D) Product Specification:Product: AnthraciteCountry Of Origin: AustraliaManufacturer: C & SType: Coal BaseEffective Size: 0.9mm +/- 0.05mmParticle Size: 0.8mm – 1.2mmPacking: 32.5 liters or 21.45 kg per bag
(D) Product Specification:
Country Of Origin: Australia
Manufacturer: C & S
Type: Coal Base
Effective Size: 0.9mm +/- 0.05mm
Particle Size: 0.8mm – 1.2mm
Packing: 32.5 liters or 21.45 kg per bag
Minimum order 2 bags.
Anthracite Delivery is available for Klang Valley addresses only.
Filter Media - Anthracite (21.45kg or 32.5L /Bag Filter Coal)
- Product Code: FM018CS
- Availability: 298
This product has a minimum quantity of 2
You may also like
The product is currently Out-of-Stock. Enter your email address below and we will notify you as soon as the product is available.