FILTER MEDIA - CLACK BIRM
Birm is an efficient and economical media for the reduction of dissolved iron and manganese compounds from raw water supplies. It may be used in either gravity fed or pressurized water treatment systems. It acts as an insoluble catalyst to enhance the reaction between dissolved oxygen (D.O.) and the iron com pounds. It is a black granular filter material used for removal of iron and/or manganese from water in pressure or gravity systems.
It contains an active insoluble catalyst to precipitate iron and/or manganese. Because the presence of iron is most common, iron removal is the usual application for Birm. Under suitable conditions, the iron and dissolved oxygen in water react on contact with the Birm filter bed and, as a result, the iron is precipitated in the form of hydroxide. This is a flocculent material which is filtered out in the bed of Birm. Periodic backwashing flushes out the accumulated iron and the Birm is again ready to perform its function. Birm is not consumed in the iron removal operation.
- No chemicals to purchase for maintenance.
- Regeneration not required.
- Iron removal efficiency is extremely high.
- Negligible labour cost: Only periodic backwashing required.
- Durable material with a long life.
- Wide temperature range application.
Mesh Size : 10 x 40
Specific Gravity : 2.0 gm/cc
Effective Size : 0.48 mm
Uniformity Coefficient: 2.7
Conditions For Operation:
- Alkalinity should be greater than two times the combined sulfate and chloride concentration.
- Maximum water temp: 100oF/38oC
- Water pH range: 6.8-9.0
- Dissolved Oxygen (D.O.) content must be equal to at least 15% of the iron and 29% of the manganese content.
- Bed depth: 30-36 in.
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
- Backwash rate: 10-12 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash Bed Expansion: 20-40% of bed depth (min.)
- Service flow rate: 3.5-5 gpm/sq. ft. intermittent flow rates and/or favorable local conditions may allow higher flow rates
Influent and Backwash Limitations:
- Free chlorine concentration less than 0.5 ppm
- Hydrogen Sulfide should be removed prior to contact with Birm media
- Oil: None Present
- Polyphosphates: None presen
Product: Clack Birm
Country Of Origin : USA
Effective Size : 0.48mm
Packing : 16 kg per bag
Minimum order 2 bags.
Clack Birm Delivery is available for Klang Valley addresses only.
Filter Media - Clack Birm (16kg/Bag)
- Product Code: A8006
- Availability: 420
This product has a minimum quantity of 2
You may also like
The product is currently Out-of-Stock. Enter your email address below and we will notify you as soon as the product is available.